Saturday, June 9, 2012

Bumper Bowlin- err, Dressage

I set out today to resolve an issue I've been having. While we can do a 20 m circle, a 10 m circle, getting our collective self down the centerline in our arena is ridiculously tough. IF we can actually make a turn, we end up somewhere between center and the far quarterline. Not good.

So I had the brilliant idea to set up a  wide run way, well, at least 2 poles length, to attempt a visual for me to see if I could at least aim us closer to the center.



At the walk- no problem, we hit that sucker dead on. At the trot, everything is faster, more strung out, my timing sucks, and well, we're lucky if we make it. But we did. And one time we had quite a nice line. I plan to do this excercise tomorrow.

We also worked on transitions. Our upward transitions were nicer.

I also rode the entire time with my stirrups on 7 and 6. I felt like my pelvis was going to crack open at any moment, but it got better towards the end of the ride.

No canter, no outside ride...tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment