Saturday, April 23, 2011

Walk On!

Yesterday Ben had another 1st- being ridden in the arena with other horses.

I wanted to get him going under saddle, but with a distraction, such as following horses, after our saddle incident. I didn't want it to become a "thing" for him. I don't think it did- but I will say he had to re-learn standing still for the mounting block. Could've been that there were other things to look at, or remembering our last experience...or it could've been that he just didnt want to stand there, LOL.

Once I got on and off a bunch of times, I then got on, stayed on, and we played follow the leader with the other horses.

We practiced halting and going forward, speeding up the walk, and keeping our distance from other horse butts.

It was a really nice experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment