Friday, April 29, 2011

New Game?

You know, I've had some quirky horses...but really, Ben takes the cake in so many ways. I'm not sure what he's trying to do half the time he's doing it. And really, I should learn to keep a real camera on me at all times because ya never know when he might pull one of his stunts.

He had a new one today, called: Back-Over-The-Mounting-Block (And stand there with it between your legs).

Doin' great!

Hmm lets try this side

Checkmate
I really don't know what he was doing, but he sure had me in stitches laughing at him.

When I was done laughing and trying to document the moment with my crappy cell phone camera, I took him to the grooming bay, and ended up tacking him up too. I figured we should prepare for our lesson tomorrow.

Into the arena to free longe a bit. Then I decided, what the heck, let me get on and ride. So we rode around. We encountered scary sound number 5,384: the churn of the hot walker. He was actually really good- he wanted to tune in to listen, but he didn't lose it. Instead we kept working.

Lots of walk/halt and some trot. Tomorrow I'd like help in keeping him going at the trot- right now I get like 5 steps and then he peters out, and we do it all over again. He hasn't quite figured out I want him trotting allll the time. So our trainer will help us with that, likely by helping me keep him going from the ground.

Ben also got his tail washed - wasn't too impressed with the washrack, but he tolerated it, though was fidgety. He got lots of extra grooming and we even clipped the bridle path and all the long goat hairs on the underside of his face left over from winter, which were making him look more like some kind of prehistoric yak and not a cute lil standardbred. Ben clips REALLY well. He's obviously had it done before, and could care less.

No comments:

Post a Comment