Friday, June 10, 2011

Onward We Go!

Deep breath- huge sigh of relief.

I've been blogging almost constantly about my achy hip and the fact that Ben's shape seems to oppose mine, thus causing great pain. This pain also causes me to ride like a complete greenhorn- no balance, no ability to actually move with the horse. Ugh, so frustrating.

And Alarming. Last week I discovered that the pain was 200 million times worse on Ben and virtually non existent when riding my mare. I thought that perhaps he and I just weren't a good match in body type. I decided to give us a little break, focus on just hanging out and doing light ground work in conjunction with me getting to my massage therapist to see what could be done.

Let me tell you first off- true massage therapy is really painful. Like it makes you want to puke and die kind of painful. Or maybe that is just me because my body is so out of whack.

The good news is that with pain, comes healing. After 2 sessions, I was able to ride my horses yesterday, including Ben. And the best part, is that he hardly hurt. I was able to trot. I could rise. I could sit, I could move. And all the while, Ben was a great sport.

It renewed my hopes that he and I will be good partners for life. I almost cried up there - just out of relief. I have my body back, and i can enjoy my horse. I have a long way to go in terms of healing, but I am now hopeful that it can and will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment